Ryan Therapy Services defines Sacred Sexuality as the following:
Sacred Sexuality is a sexual practice that integrates the experiences of both body and spirit through:
- Liberation from shame, fear, judgment, and the “not-enough-ness” that pervades our culture.
- Liberation from the patriarchal system, beliefs and negative messages about beauty, attractiveness, and body objectification.
- Cultivation of compassionate, radical acceptance of our physical bodies.
- Cultivation and awakened embodied connection to our own, unique, divine spirits.
- Acceptance and celebration of our own unique sexual desires and how we express them.
- Acceptance and celebration of the rhythms and cycles of our sexual desire.
- Acceptance and celebration of our bodies just as they are NOW, with love, respect and non-judgment.
- Acceptance and celebration of our innate sovereignty as a portal into our true nature.
When we compassionately accept our physical body, our sexual desire, and our spirit, we can begin to connect each of these aspects into an organic whole through:
- The intentional use of breath.
- The cultivation of pleasure.
- The awareness and incorporation of sensuality.
- Honoring our bodies as organic containers for our spirits and hearts.
- Learning how to be fully present during our sexual experiences and allowing our experiences to teach us about our deepest longings as spiritual beings.
- Accessing and recognizing the Erotic Energy of life, as the very essence and source of our creativity, our passion, our feeling fully alive and vibrant.
In practicing sacred sexuality we are acknowledging that our bodies and our spirits have tremendous power to work in synchronicity, elevating our lived experience, bringing us into deep connection with ourselves and others, and increasing our capacity to live life from a fully awakened, sensually-empowered lens.
Our lives often distract us from reaching our fullest potential to love ourselves and others. Our capacity to love is often more powerful than we realize.
The practice of Sacred Sexuality is a practice that teaches us to cultivate and strengthen our tremendous capacity to love.
It awakens us to the divinity of our spirit and invites our spirit to be expressed through our physical body.
In this awakening, we leave the mundane roles we inhabit every day, and create moments of transcendence.
If you are interested in learning more about Sacred Sexuality, the cultivation of Body Love and Sensuality, I hope that you will reach out to me today.
I offer private therapy sessions that focus on helping clients cultivate the sacredness of their sexuality.