Take a moment. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply. Envision the kind of relationship you truly desire; the kind of partner you aspire to be.
You can create this. You and your partner can intentionally choose a path of transformation to heal from hurt and misunderstandings; betrayals and pain; disconnection and fear.
If you choose to work with me, I will be your guide on this journey. I will help you strengthen your self awareness and express your deepest desires. I will help you listen to your partner with an open heart and authentic compassion and empathy. I will help you take conflict and use it to deepen your understanding of self and other; to use it to become a strong, loving, joyful, individual within a strong, loving, joyful relationship.
Are you ready to accept this invitation?
An invitation to:
- Heal hurts and misunderstandings that seem insurmountable?
- Envision the relationship you deeply desire?
- Transform pain and suffering into growth, abundance, love, connection, peace and joy?
Please accept this invitation to heal, envision and transform if…
- You feel misunderstood, unappreciated or unsupported by your partner.
- You feel that your relationship has become stagnant.
- You hesitate in being honest with your partner for fear it will lead to conflict, blame, hurt, or perhaps, the relationship’s end.
- You want to find effective and productive ways to address differences and resolve conflict.
- You and your partner differ in managing times together and times apart.
- You or your partner had an affair and are looking to recover from that experience.
- You struggling to create a vibrant, satisfying and pleasurable sexual relationship.
What does Couples Counseling look like at Ryan Therapy Services?
Jane Ryan has specialized training from Dr. Ellyn Bader and Dr. Peter Pearson, founders and directors of The Couples Institute in Menlo Park California, and creators of The Developmental Model for Couples. (www.couplesinstitute.com)
For over 30 years, Dr. Bader and Dr. Pearson have worked exclusively with couples. Their approach is specifically designed to address the complexities of couple relationships. Their success and effectiveness as couple therapists, authors (Tell Me No Lies and In Quest of the Mythical Mate; as well as numerous articles), speakers and couple therapists’ trainers is internationally recognized. Jane has the privilege of continuously working closely and directly with them and learning from their comprehensive expertise.
Following The Developmental Model for Couples, Jane takes an active role in facilitating counseling sessions that result in positive change. Clients can learn how to communicate effectively, listen with genuine curiosity and find mutually supportive solutions in times of conflict.
In counseling, you may discover the ways in which your current relationship triggers old pain and habits. Once these triggers are identified, counseling can teach you how to respond more calmly and intentionally, rather than reactively. You and your partner can develop a clear understanding of your how painful past experiences continue to show up in your life.
It is possible to establish a stronger, more authentic and vibrant connection in your relationship. With a commitment to counseling, you can learn to let go of anxiety and pain and embrace a more intimate, peaceful relationship.